Monday, July 1, 2013

Move it Monday

Wow! I can't believe June is gone and July is here in my face already! It is so beyond hot here in Louisiana! Like the temperature is fluctuating from 95-100 just about every day. It is always hot during the Summer but this year is scorching; and the humidity....UGH! The air is so thick it's hard to breathe. I am almost positive I was way more miserable last Summer because I was 9 months pregnant, but this Summer I am chasing an 11 month old that runs.....fast. Speaking of that 11 month old, I have been planning Beckham's 1st Birthday for what seems like his whole life. But it is so close now! I literally have all of these thoughts in my head but I still have so much to do. Like: cover water bottles and juice boxes with labels, make cupcake paper wraps, make banner for tent and for his highchair, make envelopes for invites, send invites (I'm thinking by the 8th), make 28649240 stickers, food labels, goody bags, print tags for thank yous, print tags for sugar cookies, order cakes, cupcakes, cookies, tshirts......ahhh the list goes on and on. BTW those are the things that can be done in advanced, I'm not even going to think about the list of things that need to be done both Friday, and the day of the party. Twenty days, Katie. You still have 20 days until his party...... okay, I'm better.

Anyways new topic- This is kind of random but Beckham has a new found fear of the diaper genie. Yes, the small white, tube shaped, contraption that keeps the house from smelling like poop haha! I don't know what has gotten into him but he is completely afraid of it. Last night while I was putting on his pjs, (I lay him on the floor to do the whole diaper, powder, lotion routine) he kept scooting away from it and making the saddest face like he was scared. So, I hurried to get him dressed and he jumped in my arms and wrapped his arms around my neck. He kept turning his head looking at it then looking at me, them back at it, and then back at me. There's a Scooby Doo stuffed animal that sits right beside it and at first I couldn't tell if he was looking at it or the diaper genie; so, I picked him up and kind of put him near the genie and he lifted his legs up almost to his neck and was truly afraid. I opened the lid a few times and kind of tapped on it so he would see that it wouldn't hurt him, but he wasn't having it. I am really blown away by this because he is honestly not afraid of much at all. He would jump off of any surface imaginable (the bed, coffee table, couch, etc.) if we would let him. He loves to ride the lawn mower and our Polaris Ranger, loves the pool, and with the exception of the vacuum (he's not a fan of it) there isn't much he's afraid of. I guess I'll have to add the diaper genie to that short list, at least for the time being. It's still driving me crazy though. It's been in his room, in the same spot, his entire life, and he's just now noticed it? I'm at a loss.

So there's that.

Move it Monday-
I managed 3 work outs this week. Wednesday I burned 245 calories, Thursday I burned 350 calories, and Friday I did a Zumba class so I'm not sure how many calories I burned but I definitely feel it. I lost 1.6 lbs this week.

Que adorable picture of Beckham man:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover