Thursday, July 25, 2013

12 month check-up

Tuesday Beckham had his twelve month check-up. I can not even begin to explain how excited/lucky/blessed we are to have not had a single sick visit. He's had a little bit of allergies here and there but nothing that constituted a sick visit. Our pediatrician just praised us for keeping him so healthy. I don't even know what we did really. But, prior to moving into our house it was completely remodeled- new carpet, flooring, sheet rock, paint etc. Pretty much rebuilt around existing walls, so I can't help but think that had something to do with it. As far as going outside, we play outdoors daily. He has eaten numerous bugs, pieces of grass, sticks, dirt, etc. So maybe exposing him to those things has helped his immune system. Don't get me wrong, we aren't feeding him those things, but he's a busy little boy and sometimes it just happens. He's ALL boy! I also know that not having to send him to daycare has A LOT to do with it. He stays with family while Butch and I work and isn't exposed to a ton of kids. He sees cousins and friends all the time, but not on a daily basis. Anyways, I don't know what we are doing to keep him so healthy but we are going to keep doing it. I know he will get sick eventually but the fact that we've made it this long, makes me a happy Mama! My sweet hubby said it was because of my "awesome Mama skills". HA! That made me feel good!

So our well visit went perfectly! Beckham now weighs 22.9 lbs, and is 29 3/4 inches long. He's in the 75th percentile in weight and 50th percentile in height- which is right on target! Our pedi said he's one of her only 12 month olds that has gained weight at this visit. She said usually around 12 months they lose weight because they are so active and developing picky eating habits. But, he gained so that's awesome! He is doing everything that a 12 month old should do and beyond. He's walking, saying two syllable words, eating table food, we have actually been without a bottle for nine days now! He has transitioned to a cup very easily. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. He has six teeth total and she said he's not teething at the moment so who knows when others will pop up. He's even walking backwards! I knew once I started seeing him do it that it had to be a milestone because walking backwards isn't easy- so I asked the nurse and she said Oh yeah! That's a milestone, but not usually until 18 months. Beckham has always been ahead though; he was crawling at six months and walking at nine and a half so I knew he would be reaching other physical milestones earlier than most babies. He's finished with four rounds of vaccines and also had the chicken pox vaccine this visit. As far as food and milk goes, he's supposed to drink around 20 oz of whole milk (we buy organic) and three meals a day consisting of all food groups. But the norm is one teaspoons to one tablespoon of each food group, so he's definitely doing that. I was getting nervous about how much he was eating because the Gerber toddler meals are pretty big and he never eats all of them- or even close actually. He can also have two snacks a day, which we already do. He also had a visit screening and passed, which I was a little nervous about since I am blind as a bat- however, mine didn't show up until sixth grade. So I guess we'll wait and see.

I have to say I felt pretty good leaving this visit, simply because it seemed like we were doing everything right. It was nice to get some conformation on a few questions but overall, we were praised the whole time!

 same fence- how did this happen?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover