Friday, September 14, 2012

High Five for Friday

Baby boy hit his first 'real' milestone today!! (He's been holding his head up, doing mini push up on is stomach, following objects, recognizing colors & sounds, and standing up in your lap...but this was a big one, to me) As mentioned yesterday, we thought he rolled over, but he didn't, Uncle just flipped him while we weren't looking. He was getting soooo close I knew it had to be coming soon. Well, today was the day!! This morning around 6:00a he woke up; I changed, fed, and put him back to bed...on his stomach! I know, I know...they say don't put your baby on their stomach but I'm sorry it's the only way he will sleep! Anyways, he woke up again at 8:30, I go in to get him and BAM! He's on his back just'a smiling!! Naturally, I start to second guess myself thinking I put him on his back at 6a. But, in the back of my mind I knew I put him on his stomach, I always do.

Then, at Grammy's earlier I was telling her I though he rolled over. So, we put him on a blanket and played and played for like an hour. Nothing. No roll at all. Then Uncle B comes in with some supper. He's walking into the living room while we are fixing our plates and yells "Yall missed it! He just rolled over!" so we take off running into the living room to see, and sure enough, Beckham was on his back! UGH! We were freaking out that we missed it after playing with him trying to get him to roll over for over an hour. Anyways we kept trying to get him to do it with no luck.

So then we head home, do the normal night time stuff, I rock him to sleep and put him in his crib, ON HIS STOMACH! After about twenty minutes I hear him fussing so I go in to check and of course, he rolled over! And I missed it. Again. I'm sure I'll eventually get to see him roll over (maybe not, he is kind of stubborn like his Mama Daddy). I don't want to tell Butch that he is rolling over because I don't want him to feel like he is missing things while he is at work. So, I'm thinking I'll wait a few days until I tell him. I don't know why. Not like it will make things any easier, we still have 14 days until he comes home so I'm sure Beckham will be a pro by then.

Also, today we read books for the first time. We read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and Guess How Much I Love You. It really seemed like he was paying attention and liked it. He was cooing and laughing so I'm thinking it was a success. I need to get some touch and feel books since many sites like this one say that he is developing his sense of touch and will perfect the art of 'batting' at toys in coming months. But for now, he seemed to LOVE all of the colors in Brown Bear and I think he liked the voices I was making while reading the parts of Big and Little Nutbrown Hare in Guess How Much I Love You.

Thought of the day: Not a good idea to watch Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders while eating a hamburger. But it was delicious! :)

I don't feeeeeel like rolling over.

Our morning ritual. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Just learning how to read...no big deal.

sweet baby
 
HF4F:
1. being ran over by twins
2. staying up too late
3. counting down the days until Daddy is home (14)
4. trying to diet
5. beckham rolling over!
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover