Monday, September 10, 2012

Setting a Budget

Beckham had his second sleepover with Grammy this past weekend! Hard for me but I know he had fun with Grammy and Uncle B. Girls Night Out was so much fun. This Mama needed a little adult conversation with some great friends!

On another note my new obsession is Bissful and Domestic. She has some great tips on how to save money and live on a budget! Not that my family is struggling by any means. It is actually the complete opposite. My husband makes enough money for me to stay home with my little boy (which is fabulous!). However, he we are not the best savers. I just feel like he makes more than enough money for us to be able to pay off bills faster and have some type of emergency fund. So- my new project is to get us on a monthly budget and work really really hard to pay my car off and start a savings account for both Beckham's college fund and to build a house one day! It's so easy to say "My New Years Resolution is to....blah blah blah!" But, my New Year starts today. I am going to sit down and follow Danielle's plan to save money! Her blog includes how to cut your grocery bill in half, grocery shop once a month, and tons of others! But, just like she says on her blog, it's all about baby steps. For me, creating a budget is the first step. I know my hubby will be shocked to see how much money we HAVE to spend (essentials) versus what we are really spending. If you have any money saving tips like Danielle, be sure to link up!

Oh yeah!! I also ordered this book and as soon as it comes in I'm going to really get started on this new lifestyle!! Baby steps!
America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams

Most IMPORTANTLY.......
Baby boy is 8 weeks old today! Gosh I can't believe how time has flown by! He was in a particularly good mood after his morning nap so, I naturally took 28363.2 pictures of him! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover