Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013

I'm back dating this because yes it is January 2nd and I am just now getting around to posting about Christmas.

So, Christmas this year was so much fun! I know every year will continue to get better and better with Beckham. I have a lot of family so the holidays are always a crazy but fun time of year. Christmas Eve was crazy because Butch was supposed to be home at 11:00. He ended up getting a little delayed and wasn't supposed to be in until 4:00, and then around 2:45 Beckham and I were getting ready to leave a little early because I needed to run by Brookshire's and possibly get the car washed before we picked up Daddy. I was literally pulling out of the driveway and Butch calls me, freaking out saying he is already in Shreveport. It turned out he had his time zones a little off and he was in Shreveport at 3:00 instead of 4:00. We were already on the road so he had to sit and wait for us for a little bit. Then, Christmas Eve evening we went over to Maymay and Daddy Mac to do a super fast Christmas because we had to be at Butch's parents at 6:00. We didn't end up getting there until 6:30 and guess what? I got zero pictures at Maymay's....ugh

Anyways we opened presents and did a light supper at Grami & Pop's Christmas Eve night. Beckham was somewhat over the whole 'opening presents thing' he loved the presents once they were out of the box and working but he didn't care much to open the actual presents. Then, Christmas Eve night Santa came and I was so excited for Beckham to wake up and see all of his presents! He ended up sleeping until 9:30! Whoop whoop! When he woke up he walked into the living room kind of in shock. All of his new toys covered most of our living room and it was like he didn't know what to play with first. It was so hilarious!! We stayed home and played with all of his new toys for a few hours, then we got ready to go to Grami's house for a traditional Christmas lunch. Everything was so delicious and we were all in food comas afterwards. Beckham ended up taking about a 2.5 hour nap. Then, when he woke up Beckham and I went over to my Dad's parents house to do Christmas with them. We just opened presents and visited for a few hours. Butch wasn't feeling good so he stayed home.

Then, the morning of the 26th Beckham and I headed over to my Mom and step Dad's house in Homer. We had Christmas with them and opened presents and all of that fun stuff and then around 11:00 we all headed over to my Uncle Jon's house in Monroe. We had what we called 'Gimber Christmas' which was all of my Mom's side of the family. (Her Dad, Aunt and her kids, her brothers, their wives and kids...etc) It was so good to see everyone. The last time I saw most of them was at my Uncles funeral a few months ago and we said then that we were sick of only seeing each other when someone died. So, I hope we keep the tradition alive of seeing each other more. My Mamaw was truly the glue to our family. She held everyone together and made sure we saw each other often. It is at her house in Arcadia that I have some of the fondest childhood memories, especially around the holidays. Mamaw never hesitated from hosting huge get togethers at her house. I can still remember 2 or 3 huge pans of dressing, rows and rows of pies & cakes, and Mamaw always made a huge fruit salad which was her favorite. There would be ham, turkey, every side dish imaginable and her house would always be full of people. I cherish those memories when our family was much closer and I hope that one day we can be that close again, especially now that I have Beckham I want him to know all of his family and be close with cousins like I used to be. Hopefully, one day I will also have a house that I can host big gathering in like my Mamaw did. Okay, anyways I kind of got off subject but back to Christmas. We ate and ate and then ate some more at Jon's and all of the kids (and some adults) played outside most of the day. It was a great day- I wish Butch would have been able to enjoy it with us.

 Christmas Eve

 Christmas morning


















Compare to last year.

Merry Christmas!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover