Friday, June 21, 2013

High Five For Friday

Hello Friday! How I love thee, especially since I am officially done with school workshops this Summer! YAY! Here are my top 5 things this week...
1. This actually happened last Friday (June 14th), but Beckham had his first haircut! OMG! He was so good and was such a big boy, and now he really looks like a big boy! :( Seriously, my child is so cute. I have heard horror stories about the 'first haircut' and was dreading it, but he didn't fuss at all. I was so proud. He sat in Butch's lap and did so good!

This is Butch's Aunt Patsy BTW, she did Butch's first haircut and is pretty much the only person that has ever cut his hair. So, I guess we will be continuing the Aunt Patsy tradition.
2. This too happened last week, but Beckham had his 'One Year' pictures! We did some outside with a chalkboard that said different things and some inside with a smash cake. I can't wait to see the proofs. I know they are going to be so cute because Beckham was really loving the smash cake!
3. As I said above, I am officially done with Summer school-work... (HAHAHA! Yeah riiiiiiight!) But, I am finished with workshops. Now the real work begins of transitioning everything to the Common Core. I have some really good plans for the next school year, I just need to organize my thoughts and try not to overwhelm myself too much.
4. Yesterday was the 7 year anniversary of my Mamaw's death. I cannot believe it has already been 7 years. I still feel her all around me and think of her daily. My Mom wrote a beautiful post about her and I really couldn't have said it any better. I was so lucky to have my Mamaw for 15 years and the impact she made of my life translates with every decision I make. I am like her in so many ways and I feel so fortunate to have had such a bond with her. She is exactly the kind of woman, Mother, and Christian I strive to be. I am so grateful to call her my Mamaw and thankful for the time we had together. I look forward to seeing her again one day!
5. I am beyond proud of myself right now. Can I brag a little? I have been to the gym 4 days already this week. I am planning on doing a Zumba class tonight, skipping Saturday, and then starting back on Sunday. So far, I have walked over 10 miles and burned over 1200 calories. I know that may not seem like a lot to some, but I am a complete gym novice and I'm PROUD! 


 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! I was thinking about how much you are like Mamaw the other day. Your "organized" personality was there by the time you were 6 months old!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover