Monday, September 30, 2013

Goodbye Summer

I started the list here and then updated it here and the last update was the end of July, here. Summer is slowly but surely coming to a close. The lows are around 60 with highs still around 90, but tomorrow is October 1st so I figured it was officially time to say goodbye to Summer 2013. :( It was a good one!  *things we've done since last update...

Summer To Do List:
Go swimming
Go to the park*
While on our Little River trip we went to the park. I talked about it here. Beckham loved the slide, but some bigger kids came and he wanted to play with them but they didn't really know what to do with him, so we ended up cutting our park time short.
Eat ice cream
Build a pillow (and blanket) fort
Visit family
Go to Yaya and Grumpy's
Paint with pudding*
Beckham's new favorite thing is Go-Gurt. So, technically we didn't paint with pudding but he is pretty obsessed with letting the Go-Gurt fall on his tray and spreading it all around. Does that count?
Bake cookies*
We actually made three different types of cookies (peanut butter, chocolate chip & Nutella cookies) this summer, three different times and I did not get a picture any of those times. fail...... I let him smoosh the dough with his hands..he loved it!
Read LOTS of books
Go for walks
Lay in the grass
Play in sprinklers
Eat sno-cones
Go to the lake
Take lots of pictures
Put those pictures into an album**
I'm starring this although it hasn't actually happened yet. I did give out all of Beckham's 1 year old pictures to friends and family, and I have ordered copies of a ton of pictures I have on my phone and I already bought an album, so I'm prematurely saying that I've already done this because it. will. happen. :)
Play in the mud*
Mud/dirt/water/bugs are Beckham's BFFs. He loves getting dirty. It didn't rain for like 3 months straight so he just recently played in the actual 'mud' and of course I didn't get a pic. Just trust me. I'll be sure to snap one in the near future. I did however have this picture from him playing in the water sprinkler.

Eat s'mores
Build a fire
Watch the sunset
Stay up late
Wake up early
Go to a Gymboree class
Go shopping
See a baseball game
Go fishing
Write with sidewalk chalk
Finger paint
Eat Popsicles
Take a trip
Ride in a boat
Have 1 year old pictures made

We didn't get everything done on the list but we had an awesome Summer. Life is so much better with Beckham. I honestly do not know what I did before him. Each day with that little boy is so special. He has a smile that can light up a room, a laugh that will force a smile from anyone, and the sweetest, gentlest soul. He is truly my greatest accomplishment. I am so lucky to be his Mama.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover