Thursday, July 4, 2013

silver lining


I know the Dr. Seuss quote is quite juvenile but I think it fits my situation pretty perfect. I am so lucky. It's really easy to focus on things that aren't going right in our lives and it's sometimes easy to forget all of the wonderful things we have in life that we often take for granted. I know there will be so many more rough patches in my life. But, sometimes when it storms you've got to just enjoy rain. So, that's what I'm doing. Enjoying the rain (figuratively) hoping it can wash away somethings I'd like the change in my life. I ran across this quote:
and thought that it pretty much summed things up too. I've always heard "the grass isn't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it" and I truly believe that. Marriages, especially in the beginning take time to figure out. Mine, specifically has some balance issues. We are working together to get them figured out, working together to change things to make them better, and working together to grow closer to each other. Together. That's the key word in all of this. We want to be together.  I am no longer going to focus on the results, but instead focus on the road to get things where they should be. We are both flawed humans that need guidance. Hopefully we can help each other get to the place we both want to be. I think a huge step was taken when we both said that things needed to be changed. We BOTH need to change somethings but I think it speaks volumes about us, as husband and wife that we want to change, for each other; we want to grow closer together. So I'm upholding my end of the bargain and hopefully he will too.

In the end everything will be okay. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover