Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Beckham's 2nd Birthday [part 2]

I had planned months in advance for Beckham's 2nd Birthday party, but one thing you can't plan for is the weather. It was seriously in the 60s the week before Beckham's party and it raaaaained for like 4 days straight. Saturday, the 19th it was super cloudy and stayed in the lower 70s...in July....in Louisiana....INSANITY! Everyone was saying this was a once in a lifetime occurrence and it really was. It's usually in the upper 90s- crazy hot, sun beaming, all of that! But, not this year! It was down right cold, and I know 70s sounds like perfect weather, and it really is- but not for a swimming party with a bunch of 2 year olds. :( Last year, we had the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse jumpy and it was almost too hot to jump in it. So, I thought this year we would get a water slide and all of that. Ha! The joke was on me. The jump house would have been perfect this year with the crazy weather.





With all of that being said, Beckham and all of the kids that came seemed to have a great time anyways. A few of them got kind of cold at times, but they'd go wrap up in a towel for a little bit then head back out to play some more. Because it rained so much prior to the party, our yard was a mess. We are still trying to grow grass in areas so it turned into a muddy mess. None of the kids minded but I'm not so sure the parents were thrilled with them getting so dirty. Anyways, this post is sounding more and more like a Debby Downer and I really don't mean for it to be. I just worked so hard and had such high expectations that I was kind of bummed that the weather didn't cooperate. Oh well I guess, you live and learn.

So, we didn't really have a 'theme' this year. I just went with a color scheme and did everything water/Summer related (water slide, kiddy pool, sand pails, sunshine etc.) Everything turned out so cute! I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.







Beckham's birthday is only 3 days before Butch's so it's always crazy around here trying to plan for Beckham's party(s) and also include something special for Butch. This year, Beckham's party fell on Saturday, the 19th, which is Butch's actual birthday. I couldn't think of any way to plan anything other than have Beckham stay the night with someone after his party so we could go eat or have some kind of date night. Almost all of my plans for Butch's birthday got changed around but that's another post. I was talking to my step-Mom, Monica about doing something for Butch's bday and she enthusiastically volunteered to keep Beckham, which was great. She was so excited and he loves her so I knew it would be no problem. So, Saturday evening after everything died down and we were cleaning up Beckham went home with Monica, a few hours later she text me letting me know that everything was great and she said that Beckham, while in the bathtub, unprompted, said "Beck Beck Birthday was FUN!" At that moment my heart melted and it didn't matter about the horrible weather, or that I didn't think everything was just perfect- HE had fun and that's really all that matters to me.

All in all, we really had a great day. It was a lot bit crazy at times (as usual) but I generally enjoy planning his parties and I think everyone enjoyed the festivities. :)


 thank goodness for Ella or Beckham wouldn't have opened any of his presents! 


side note: I can't believe I have a 2 year old. :(

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover