Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Post...how original?

Okay- so first off I must admit I have been a bit obsessed with a few blogs here lately. Namely: this one, this one, this one and this one!! All of which are Moms (who seem to be great- and I'm sure they totally are!); some stay at home, some working full time and some working from home- who also enjoy some of the same things as me. Food, fun, friends, crafts...etc. Blah blah blah! So, long story short. They have all inspired me to start a blog for not only a way to vent, as a current stay at home Mom, but also to have to look back on as my son is currently growing like a weed! Hench the name of this blog. He is the reason for every decision I make. Becoming a Mother has been such a gift in itself, but knowing that I have this little person to watch grow and protect (as best I can) along the way seriously makes my heart ache. I'm so in love with this little guy it's not even funny! Therefore, everything I do is.... because of Beckham.

I really should have started this about 11 months ago...so I will just fill in the blanks from then to now.

November 2011- Found out I was pregnant. Unplanned, yes. Excited, yes. Scared, yes. All of the above.
not sure why the B and H look so light... nevertheless- it reads Beckham..duh!
bedding- Pottery Barn
January 2012- Married the true love of my life. The man I always saw myself growing old with since the day we met. It was actually kind of scary how fast things simply fell into place with us. I would say luck, but I don't believe in luck. It was more like a gift from God during a very hard time in my life. It is funny how things happen. At the time you're thinking things are spiralling out of control, and looking back on it now I can see things were actually falling into place. :)
....9 Months later... after a 'perfect' pregnancy! Seriously, I was so blessed. No heartburn, no morning sickness (ever.), no stretch marks UGH unfortunately, yes (thanks Mom!), and a little swelling at the end of a long day but other than that, perfect. My Dr. praised me every time for being such an easy patient. I'm not really sure what I did, if anything, but I thank God for how easy it went because I have heard some horror stories!
37 weeks
July 16, 2012- Welcome Beckham Dane to the world!! After a planned induction, about 3 sets of 3 pushes each- out pops the greatest thing I've ever done in my life. I made a person (with the help of my husband, of course...hehe)- wow! That's talent, if I do say so myself!
sign from Etsy
Current- At 7 weeks old, he's obviously the smartest baby on the planet, of course! :) Unfortunately, we had to go to formula after a milk production problem, or a lack there of actually. boo. But, he is doing great! No crazy tummy troubles other than the occasional gas, which he gets from his Daddy, gotta be a boy thing because girls just don't do that! :) Smiling, laughing, cooing (melts my heart), and wanting to eat all. the. time. So, I would say he's doing normal baby stuff, but let's face it, he's not normal, he's is mine all mine and absolutely perfect in every way. I'm not biased or anything.

Recap- My hopes in creating this blog is to not only keep family updated on the day to days of Beckham; but, also to vent, share, and savor my sweet memories with this precious angel so that one day, I can look back and reminisce on all the wonderful (and not so) things we did throughout the years. In closing- I'd like to simply savor everything. Life, love, and most importantly family. And it's all because of Beckham.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover