Monday, November 4, 2013

move it Monday

I am so excited to finally have another move it Monday post!! Honestly, my gym time has been non existent since about August. School is back and I honestly have not made time for exercise. Saturday we participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and by we I mean 147 participants from my school including myself, Beckham plus my Mom and friend Paige. Back when I was working out regularly Beckham and I used to walk the 5k route around our town but that was about 2 months ago. However, I had no doubt we could finish just knew we would be slow. Thanks to my Mom having to stop and stand in line for the port-a-potty for about 20 minutes we ended up coming in just about last. Not the very last people walking but pretty darn close. We completely lost all of my friends and students from school and the majority of the pack of people but nevertheless we did finish-which I am very proud of!

I have to say we had a ton of fun! We had to wake up around 6:00am to get going and be there by 8:00am. They did a little warm up around 8:30 and the race started at 9:00. There was soooooo many people there it was awesome to see all of the men, women and kids sporting their pink and the Susan G Komen foundation. It was mine, my mom, Paige and of course Beckham's first 5k and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to do another one soon. I know we will for sure do the Susan G Komen Race again next year.

Did we finish in an hour and twenty minutes? Yes! But, we finished and that's all that matters! I am so proud of my Mom for trekking through and not complaining at all, once we found a bathroom...lol She is also trying to get me to participate in no makeup November but I am not too sure about it. I like the concept of inner vs outer beauty but my makeup is my comfort zone! She told me that God created me perfectly and I added that God gave me bags under my eyes. haha!

Anyways, here's to move it Monday!! Photos of out first 5k!








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover