Monday, June 17, 2013

First Father's Day

I know I had already posted about the stuff I had gotten Butch for his first Father's Day but here's a follow up of the day. I was beyond excited to give him his gifts. I LOVE giving gifts, especially ones that I made or special ordered...you know, those one of a kind gifts! With the exception of this (isn't exact gift, they don't have anymore in stock) everything Beckham and I got for Butch were one of  a kind! I had everything wrapped and ready like 3 weeks before Father's Day so it was torture having to wait to give him his stuff, but I did! Sunday morning my Mom came over with donuts, and I let Beckham give Daddy his gifts. We had fried fish, french fries, hush puppies, coleslaw, pineapple cake, and homemade strawberry ice cream for lunch (YUM) and were basically just lazy the rest of the day. Mom made it home safely that evening and Sunday night, while the guys were watching LSU baseball, me, Beckham, and a friend of mine, Paige, watched the Miss USA pageant! Fun stuff. We had a great day but the best part was seeing how touched Butch was looking at his gifts. He even started to tear up. THAT'S why I love giving presents. I want to show everyone I love, just how much care about them. I know, it's not about the material gift but, each of these were personalized and Butch knew it and that meant something to him, which in turn, made my heart very happy!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads who are involved in their children's lives and those who stepped in as father figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover