Friday, May 17, 2013

1st Family Vaca

I had been wanting to do something as a family since the day Beckham was born but it just wasn't the right timing so I somewhat gave up and then, Butch surprised me & planned an entire trip by himself! I was beyond excited!! So, we went to the Caldwell Zoo in Tyler, Texas. It really was perfect because it's only about 2 hours away and we didn't really know how Beckham would do in the car for that long, but he did great!! He literally slept the whole way there & back! We left when I got home from work on Friday and stayed the whole weekend with the only real plan to go to the zoo so our schedule was pretty open. Butch had the hotel and everything already set up, all I did was pack our stuff & get in the car- it was awesome! We didn't get to Tyler unil around 8 on Friday so we just hung out in the room and unpacked everything. I never realized how much equipment it takes with a baby now! We had all of the food supplies, pack n play & not to mention clothes, which naturally, I overpacked! I tried realllllllly hard not to forget anything. So, Saturday we got up and (Beckham didn't sleep very well, btw. He was not feeling the pack n play, even after I brought his big fluffy blanket from home) anyways we went to Panera Bread for lunch. It was so cute- he was sitting up in a high chair like a big boy & was seriously checking out every girl that walked by! He's definitely going to be a ladies man! Butch thought it was hilarious! But, he did so good eating real food at the table & everything! We got to the zoo around 2:00 and had a great time. He didn't really like the stroller at first, but he got used to it pretty fast and did so good! The weather was absolutely perfect. Naturally, I did forget something; the memory card to my camera- ugh! thank God for iphones. We left around 6:00 because he was ready for a nap & couldn't rest with all of the excitement of the zoo. However, when we got back to the room he, of course, didn't want to nap. So, I walked over and got us some frozen yogurt and we just relaxed for a little bit then got cleaned up to go eat supper. Butch saw this seafood place called Breakers, so we went there. It was delicious & Beckham, again did great at supper! We stopped by Target then headed back to the room. Sunday, we didn't really have anything planned so we just played it by ear.... Got some lunch, went shopping at a few stores, then the mall, then headed home. All in all it was a great weekend! I am very lucky and sometimes forget how truly blessed I am!
Feeding the fish & ducks
Gift shop with Daddy
Parking lot of the hotel he needed to stretch his legs & the shorts came off after a diaper change lol
While in Tyler, I happen to notice we were on Beckham Ave (perfect?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover