Thursday, June 12, 2014

May

The middle of May we went to my Mom's house for my Papaw's 75th Birthday! It was so much fun to see most of my Mom's side of the family that we never get to see. They live on the lake so the majority of Butch's time was spent fishing. I told them not to take it personally; he simply can't be that close to water without fishing. Beckham caught his first fish, actually three total- with lots of help from Daddy, of course. He actually threw his fish back in the lake, too. I was impressed. I don't even do that! I just don't like the texture of fish and I'm afraid I'll get stuck or cut or something. But, Beckham is fearless and had no problem. It was adorable to see him and Butch bonding like that. We had a great time.




The end of May meant the end of this school year, which also meant my baby nieces are off to highschool next year. It's such a bittersweet feeling. They have been at Herndon (where I attended and now teach) since Kindergarten. I was there the day they were born and seeing them grow up has been so much fun and now I feel old. Ha!


Summer is officially here and although I am writing this June 11th it has been extremely hot since the middle of May. We are seriously enjoying Grami's pool! Nothing crazy has been happening around here. I am taking two graduate classes this summer and they are tough. I remember undergrad summer classes being extremely fast paced, but I also wasn't married with an almost 2 year old at the time so to say that time management is key is a little bit of an understatement! However, I am committed and I know I will get through it. Plus, I saved about $700 by taking two classes instead of just one (I'm not paying double fees- which helps!). 



The very end of May Butch and I went to the Florida Georgia Line and Nelly concert. I bought Butch tickets for an early Father's Day gift. Coincidentally, it was my best friend, Amber's, sister's birthday and she had gotten them tickets as well. We were just one section over from each other. Also, when Butch and I found our seats we were one row above another group of friends...talk about a coincidence! Anyways, we went to Margaritaville and then to the concert that night and had a nice little date night. The music was wonderful and it was a much needed little adult getaway!



I think that pretty much wraps up May! :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover